1 minute (overview).
“The goal is to contain outbreaks within the first 100 days before they ever have the chance to spread around the world. If we had stopped the COVID pandemic before 100 days, we could’ve saved over 98 percent of the lives lost.” — Bill Gates.
Gates Notes. How to Prevent the Next Pandemic:
- Let’s make this the last pandemic. My new book is all about how we eliminate the pandemic as a threat to humanity. By Bill Gates | April 30, 2022
- So, how do we do it? In my book, I explain the steps we need to take to get ready. Together, they add up to a plan for eliminating the pandemic as a threat to humanity. These steps—alongside the remarkable progress we’ve already made over the last two years in creating new tools and understanding infectious diseases—will reduce the chance that anyone has to live through another COVID.
- If we’re going to make COVID-19 the last pandemic, the world needs to get to work right away on three key areas:
- 1. Make and deliver better tools.
- 2. Improve disease monitoring.
- 3. Strengthen health systems.