A Humble Founder’s Letter (July 11, 2021). Thoughts on our Global Public Health Vision and Mission, living through the pandemic, locked-down in London, for the past 18 months…
- COVID-19: 4,000,000+ DEATHS and $30+ TRILLION CAPITAL LOSS so far…
- THE NEXT PANDEMIC could be unfathomably more deadly, costly, and socially disruptive.
THE BASIC FACTS:
- The Scientific Consensus: Outbreaks of deadly pathogens in the future are inevitable.
- The Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of COVID-19 for unvaccinated people is relatively low: CFR 0.6% to 1.6%
- The Next Pandemic could be fifty (50) Times more deadly: For example, the 2003 Bird Flu (H5N1) outbreak was a 56% Case Fatality Rate representing an extreme potential risk of chaos and death. In 2003, the H5N1 outbreak created a short international crisis until the outbreak died out naturally, due to inefficient transmission mutations of H5N1.
NORMAX CONTRIBUTION TO THE SOLUTION:
- Sustainable and profitable social enterprise with public/private investment to help prepare for, and help prevent, the next pandemic with early detection and response to outbreaks anywhere and everywhere, including Norway, the UK and EU:
- Rapid Low-cost Diagnostics Manufacturing
- Rapid mRNA Vaccine Platform for Development, Safety, and Manufacturing
PARTICIPATION in GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE and ACTION:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has created human misery and death on a scale not seen since since the 1918 Flu Pandemic.
- The pandemic has cost over $30 Trillion Dollars and over 4 million lives; humanity humbled by nature.
- For people and organizations fortunate enough to deliver meaningful action, there simply can be no excuse for inaction and every reason to act.
TO A COMMON ENEMY, NEVER GIVE IN:
- For the first time in 100 years, the world is now battling a global pandemic, a scourge escaped from nature to humans, or possibly by laboratory accident, we may never know for sure, but what is certain is the SARS-C0V-2 virus will continue infections and deaths for years to come…
- “Surely from this period of [eighteen] months this is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to the [pandemic]; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might [of the virus, our common enemy.]” – adapted from Winston Churchill’s speech, October 29, 1941, at Harrow School.
- Fighting from the darkest hour, to VE Day May 8, 1945 and to 2 September 3, 1945, seventy-six years ago, World War II was won by Britain the US and the Allies against fascism, genocide and tyranny of Nazi Germany, Italy and Japan. So too will our global battle against the pandemic be won, now, and in the future, with leadership in a transformed world of the 21st century by members of the G7 striving for peace, prosperity and democracy; Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK and the US.
- Every single COVID-19 infection becomes a potential environment for evolution of a new and deadlier variant. Certainly, no one is safe until everyone is safe.
- We are all called, to do our part, to defeat the SARS-C0V-2 virus and to cooperate and innovate together to ensure we are better prepared for the next pandemic which will surely come.
- Never give in.
Past Prime Minister. Sir Winston Churchill. Conservative 1951 to 1955, 1940 to 1945.
Winston Churchill was an inspirational statesman, writer, orator and leader who led Britain to victory in the Second World War. – GOV UK
10 Downing Street: David Cameron’s Favourite Past Prime Minister (1:45)
10 Downing Street: Prime Minister Winston Churchill’s message to the nation and the commonwealth on VE Day, 8 May 1945. (5:32)